White Bread in the Bosch

makes 2 loaves (I double it and make 4 very large loaves)http://www.afoodiestaysfit.com/2011/01/my-moms-famous-white-bread/
1) Add the following ingredients to Bosch or large mixer and mix for 2 minutes.
2) Then add:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
  • 1 .5 tablespoons salt
Mix for 4 more minutes.
3) Then start to add more bread flour, 1 cup at a time, usually 4-5 cups more.
4) Mix for 5 more minutes. The dough should clean the bowl and feel a little stiff.
5) Turn the dough out onto the counter and knead for a couple of minutes by hand until a ball forms.
6) Place into a large greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled, 45-90 minutes.
7) Form into 2 loaves and place in greased pans. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise until they are barely above the top of the pan, around 30 minutes.
8 ) Bake at ~350 degrees for about 33 minutes.
Mom’s Hints:
  • I sometimes substitute whole wheat flour for part of the flour
  • I use Lehi Roller Mills Turkey brand flour. It is made for bread.
  • I use the top of my canner to let the bread rise. It needs a very large bowl or pan.
  • I use 1 ½ pound pans. They are larger than the regular pans.
  • I like to braid the dough when I put it in the pans because they look nice and the air bubbles are gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add recipes and ideas that have helped you and your family with pantry cooking, food storage or emergency preparedness.